Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

JG> Sandy has agreed to continue moderation through the end of the
JG> original 1-month experiment (through Feb 19).  And it's a good
JG> thing, too, because the "cypherpunks community" had better get off
JG> its whining butt in the next ten days, or it will no longer exist.

[...]

JG> This is a "put up or shut up" to the cypherpunks community.

	This appears to be as good a time as any to announce that I'm
"putting up".  I've already taken steps, along with Jim Choate, to
start a network of majordomos hosting a Cypherpunks mailing list.  I
didn't intend to announce this until Jim and I had gotten the first
pair of 'domos working properly, but this means that we'll need to
speed things up.  Our intention is to have a set of majordomos which
are intersubscribed to a cypherpunks list on each one, with measures
taken to ensure that mail loops don't develop.  As the resulting
mailing list from each 'domo will be identical, periodically
(initially weekly), the subscriber lists of all of the participating
majordomos will be compared, with any duplicate subscribers being
removed from the 'domo(s) with the longest subscriber list.  There
will be no filtering done of any mail to the collective list, although
anyone interested in providing a filtered list will be welcome to
subscribe to the list.  Anyone interested in joining the 'domo network
with the conditions described (duplicate subscriber checking and no
filtering) is welcome.

	John, I'd appreciate your permission to use your Cypherpunks
welcome message as the basis for the welcome message of this new list.
Also, while we will make every effort to have this new list available
for subscriptions by Feb 20, I'd appreciate it if you could consider
making the current list available for a short period longer if we
encounter unanticipated difficulties.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
ObCDABait:      For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the