Re: Recommendation: Creation of "alt.cypherpunks"

Dale Thorn wrote:
> Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>
> > It is too late to stop alt.cypherpunks, but if I had to make a
> > prediction again, I would predict that soon posters will BEG to help
> > them create comp.*.cypherpunks, because of spam and alt.flamage.
>
> I would lean toward sci.crypt.cypherpunks myself.  Are there any
> implications in the use of that name as to restrictions, etc.?

Not really. All you have to do is to go through a formal newsgroup
creation process, post a RFD, second RFD, a CFV, and supposedly
impartial votetakers will record the votes. You must get > 100 votes
YES, and the number of YES votes should be more than twice (thrice?)
the number of NO votes.

	- Igor.