Re: POST: The Frightening Dangers of Moderation

??? wrote:

[some text deleted]

> > Before I explain what has happened, I want to make one thing
> > absolutely clear.  Though I've thought the moderation of cypherpunks
> > was a terrible idea from the start and am even more convinced of it
> > now, I don't assign any blame to Sandy.  I believe he offered to
> > moderate the list with the best of intentions, and I sincerely
> > appreciate his efforts to try to revive what was once a fantastic
> > mailing list, even if in my opinion those efforts have backfired.

This is the fatal mistake, assuming it's really a mistake.
I've worked under several corporations where, at a certain
point in time, things just "went crazy", and the owners/
managers were scrambling desperately to plug as many holes
in the dike as they possibly could, to no avail.

People don't understand why things just "go crazy" at a particular
point, and so they accept the coincidence theory ruse, lacking any
other evidence.  Use your head, folks.  This is not a list made up
of sewing-circle nannies, these are security people, NSA, CIA, and
all the ugly things you shut out of your conversations because you
don't want to admit the truth.  "Paranoia is a way of knowing".

Today I saw an old picture of Albert Einstein in full Indian regalia,
smoking a peace pipe with some Hopi people.  I thought of the Capone
mob and the "kiss of death", or Judas and Jesus, you get the picture.

So Einstein puts his name and reputation and personal seal of approval
on the creation of the Doomsday Device, the atom bomb, knowing full
well that it will be used to murder millions of people. What does he
do for an encore?  Plants the "kiss of death" on the Hopis, whose
environment is co-opted by the mad bombers and their Nazi-infested
thug "scientist" cohorts, for the experimentation and storage of
nuclear and other hazardous materials.  You know, Nevada, Arizona,
New Mexico, all those "useless, desert lands" occupied by the
Indians.