I'm Sandy / Re: sandy who??

anand abhyankar wrote:
> i am a new addition on the mailing list. i am amazed to find that half
> the mails talk about "sandy (god knows who he is) and he censoring
> mails" rather than crypto stuff.
>
> somebody please let me know who sandy is and what exactly is this
> censoring issue.

anand,
  I am Sandy.
  I am also John Gilmore.
  I am Dr. Vulis, Greg Broiles, Dr. Vulis, Sean Roach, and Attila T. Hun.

  I started the cypherpunks list a few years ago, and nobody joined, so
after a while, I began subscribing myself as other people and carrying
on dialogues with myself, hoping to spark some interest in the list.
  Still, nobody subscribed, so I redoubled my efforts, and after a while,
things got a little out of hand. Before I knew it, I had over 1,500
personalities integrated within the list, which was now consuming my
whole life.

  Recently, after years of therapy, my many personas began struggling
with each other for domination of my own communal mind.
  My therapist finally had me to the point where I was ready to be fully
cured. I was ready to take the big step, and kill the list, restoring
my sanity and reverting, once again, to a single personality.

  But now I am in a quandry. After all these years, I finally have a
real subscriber to the list.
  So I have come to a decision. Since you are the only real subscriber
to the list (besides my own 1,500 personas), I have decided that I will
let you decide the future of the list.
  I await your decision.

Sincerely,
  The Only Guy