Re: Network of majordomos (fwd)

Bryan,

What you did may be the ideal way to go actually. It would be
great to have several NNTP servers with these (or similarly named)
groups open to the world. I believe that it is possible to set
them up such that they feed each other.

say, the following groups may be good:

cypherpunks.crypto
cypherpunks.politics
cypherpunks.flames
cypherpunks.products
cypherpunks.pgp (sort of redundant with the pgp newsgroups)
cypherpunks.groups
cypherpunks.admin
cypherpunks.kooks
cypherpunks.remailers
cypherpunks.paranoia (or cypherpunks.tla)
cypherpunks.politics.assassination
cypherpunks.censorship

(the following part is more questionable as some people would argue in
favor of nocems)

cypherpunks.moderated.sandy-sandfort
cypherpunks.moderated.ray-arachelian
cypherpunks.moderated.tim-may
cypherpunks.moderated.... whoever else wants ...

igor

Bryan Reece wrote:

>    Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:33:03 -0800
>    From: Greg Broiles <[email protected]>
>
>    Yes, I installed INN and ran a few hundred test messages through it last
>    night. My machine will be on the net full-time Thursday or Friday. Will yours
>    be ready then, too?
>
> We've got INN here. I created a cpunks.general group (as well as
> alt.cypherpunks) on taz.nceye.net and made both world-accessible.  Our
> feed hasn't got alt.cypherpunks yet; is someone who has got it willing
> to feed it?  (also, is there a consensus on what group names to use:
> new top-level hierarchy? cpunks or cypherpunks? or just the alt group,
> with the usual propagation and spam problems?)

	- Igor.