Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

On 12 Feb 1997, Against Moderation wrote:

> Date: 12 Feb 1997 16:51:37 -0000
> From: Against Moderation <[email protected]>
> To: aga <[email protected]>
> Cc: [email protected], [email protected],
>     InterNet Freedom Council <[email protected]>, [email protected],
>     [email protected], Freedom Knights <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"
>
> aga <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Yes, and just why is Gilmore such a jerk?  Could his homosexuality
> > have anything to do with it?
>
> Doubtful.  Given the fact that gay people suffer a great deal of
> discrimination, they generally tend to be fairly open-minded.  I see
> no reason to believe Gilmore is in fact gay, but if he is it in no way
> affects my opinion of him.

Well, the fact remains that the homos are instrumental in creating and
forming a cliquish and censored usenet.  There is just no question
about that.  Remember the previous cypherpunk who stated that the
gays "created and run usenet."

> > Maybe they just wanted you to leave, Gilmore.  After all, your EFF has
> > ruined the reputation of the InterNet, and your homosexuality is a bad
> > sign.  Homos should not be allowed to have any authority positions
> > anyplace on the net.
>
> Your bigotry seriously undermines the effectiveness of any
> anti-censorship arguments you make.

Your assumption that I am a "bigot" makes it you appear uninformed.
Sexism is good, but racism is bad.   A sexist is not a bigot.

The only one who qualifies as a "bigot" is a racist.

> Are you just trying to get
> everyone to hate those who oppose censorship on cypherpunks.  Which
> side are you on anyway?

It is very logical and wise to discriminate on the basis of sex.

I am not a racist, so therefore I can not be a "bigot," regardless of
my views on homosexuality.