Re: Mirrors and replies-to

At 7:24 AM -0800 2/15/97, Robert Hettinga wrote:
<SNIP>
>However, I would like it if the mirror operators would reinstantiate a
>feature of the original list for me. The reply-to field on the mirrors is
>currently set to [email protected]. On the original list, this was set
>to "sender", both to keep people from replying to the list unnecessarily
>(hah! :-)) but also to keep mail loops from forming. Mail loops could be a
>big problem, especially when you guys put together your neo-netnews
>mailring. (a little jyaism, that... :-)).

After some discussion, the reply-to: [email protected] was a deliberate
choice. I wanted to ensure that the list at cyberpass did not become an
island. Once the main list expires, the reply-to will be changed to the
sender.

	-Lance

Lance Cottrell   [email protected]
PGP 2.6 key available by finger or server.
http://www.obscura.com/~loki/

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
                        --Nietzsche