Re: Cypherpunks afraid of spam?

   From: "Cynthia H. Brown" <[email protected]>
   Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 23:02:02 -0500

   So, if I put [email protected] in the "From:" field of my news reader's
   configuration, all of my posts will give this as my e-mail address.

More likely to be delivered is root@[127.0.0.1] or
[email protected] or similar.  The thing to the right has to be
a name or a numeric address *in brackets*.  Yes, this doesn't seem to
make terribly much sense.  Another approach if you can do it is to get
an alias that looks like a message-ID.  All my outgoing usenet posts
lately have said
From: Bryan Reece <[email protected]>
at the top, and no spam has come to that address.