Tim in Anguilla vs. USA

The comparison of Tim as a US citizen ranting in California to Tim as a
guest in Anguilla ranting in Anguilla is not really fair.

If Tim were a French citizen in the USA, and ranting about crypto-anarchy
and destabilizing governments on street corners (or communism or
something), he *might not* get his visa/work-permit renewed in the USA.
Tim is very safe in the USA partly because he does not have to get a visa
renewed.

If Tim were an Anguillian citizen I think it would be totally safe for him
to rant in Anguilla either on the net or in person, about crypto-anarchy
and destabilizing of governments or whatever.  It would have no impact on
getting a work-permit or visa renewed because he would not be doing that.

Anguilla is not so very different in all this than the USA.  The US
decides not to renew some visa on a totally different level of evidence
than that used to lock someone up in jail.  And in Anguilla freedom of
speech is officially guaranteed in the constitution but, like the US,
pornography, is somewhat controlled.  But I don't believe there is any
danger of an Anguillian citizen getting troubled by the government for
ranting.

The big difference between Anguilla and the USA is that banks, by law, can
not give out information to anyone, and there is no sales tax or income
tax, and no need to report sales or income amounts to anyone.  In the USA
banks have to give anything the government wants to the government. The
level of privacy in Anguilla is far higher than the USA.  I know I am
repeating this, but...

   --  Vince