Re: Mail Volume??

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> "Cynthia H. Brown" <[email protected]> writes:
> > Perhaps many of the 1400-odd subscribers belonged to unused accounts, or
> > accounts on dead systems.  With fewer names to process, this should speed
> > up the distribution significantly.
>
> FWIW, onthe few occasions when I e-mailed the 1400 addresses directly, I got
> hundreds of bounces from nonexistent addresses.  I guess the 1400 silent
> supporters of moderation were another one of John Gilmore's lies.

I once, as a prank, sent mail to [email protected].
Since cypherpunks-outgoing-ksiuw is a simple sendmail alias, all bounces
went directly to me as my name was listed in the "From " field.

I got about a hundred or so bounces, some of which were results of
intermittent problems like full mailboxes, etc. (the actual number could
be 90% likely between 50 and 150 as I was not really counting).

	- Igor.