Re: Is Graham-John's inane spam robogenerated?

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Dale Thorn wrote:
> > Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > > stop spamming the list thorn
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > What the hell is this?

> That's an illustration that it is easy to post things that look
> autogenerated, but are not. On the other hand, it is possible to
> autogenerate things that look non-trivial to a novice.

I'll agree readily with the latter sentence, but not with the
former, if a fairly large number of variations are involved.
After all, who would bother with that much precision typing?

> One gentleman from a third-rate educational institution is known
> for sending tons of lisp-generated articles to one of the moderated
> newsgroups, just to annoy moderators. They do look like they are created
> by someone with a rudiment of inteligence.

Yeah, that's the goal of the spambots. They're actually useful tools
for combatting the elitist parasites, er, tenured professors who
troll these net forums so much. Problem is, the sheeple get confused
about who's doing what to whom...