Re: PGP Security

At 07:16 PM 3/20/97 -0600, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>Mark M. wrote:
>>
>> Speaking as "XXXXXXXXX" (or, at least, one of the "XXXXXXXXXs"), I did receive
>> the following message which originated from "TruthMonger."  Shortly after I
>> received the message, anon.nymserver.com closed down all of its free,
>> anonymous accounts due to "abuse."
>>

>This is mostly addressed to jimbell: jim, it is now obvious that
>the remailer network is as weak as a 5 year old child. It cannot
>possibly withstand even mildest forms of "abuse".
>
>Due to this fact, I question the viability of your assassination
>politics idea as it does not seem possible to safely operate an
>assassination bot.

I don't doubt that remailers need to be strengthened to support a "classic
AP" system.  However, complicating (or, perhaps, simplifying; depending on
your point of view...) the issue is the fact that an AP-type system is going
to be inherently self-protecting:  Even if I wasn't inclined to donate to
see the death of anybody else, I'd want to protect the underlying system to
ensure its continued existence.

I (and some others) are convinced that an AP-system would totally eliminate
the series of tyrannies that governments have been throughout history.
That, if true, is a _very_ valuable accomplishment to most of us, one for
which we'd be wise to pay to achieve.  And generally, where there is a
demand, a free market supplies that desire with a product.

Jim Bell
[email protected]