Re: Sabotaging Big Brother...

On Wed, Apr 02, 1997 at 05:43:33AM -0800, Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> At 11:22 PM 4/1/97 -0800, Kent wrote thoughtfully:
>
> |Oh, we're to the death camps, are we?  I guess that counts as
> |invoking Hitler.
>
> Hitler can serve as an excellent example of the outcomes
> of the steps you advocate.

Hitler again.  Must be a rookie.

> >Actually, you don't have a clue what I think,
> >what my motives are, or what I favor.
> >Awareness of reality is the first requirement for sanity.
>
> What banal nonsense is this?
> "Awareness of reality is the first requirement
> for sanity."
>
> The awareness of the Gulag, the Deathcamps,
> Japanese internment, Joe McCarthy?

No, I had in mind the reality of cold water, the wind, the ground you
walk on.  You know -- real reality.  You lose touch with that, you are
in bad shape, wouldn't you agree?  Likewise, making wild assumptions
about what people think or believe frequently leads to inappropriate
behavior.

> These things are real! Not part of the
> political science theory-jargon you spew!

????  Political science ????  As far as I know, I haven't said a single
thing about political science.

> These realities _happened_ and were all justified
> by their particular sponsors.

Granted.  And your point is?

> Let's try this theory:
>
> "Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. And...
> moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

The one I worry about is stupidity in pursuit of extremism.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
[email protected]			the thief he kindly spoke...