Re: on micro-explosions was Re: Black box attacks (was Re: Crypto-Dongel)

At 11:46 PM 4/8/97 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>instead of minute quantities of explosives one could use extremely fine wires
>suspended a small distance from the substrate to be destroyed.
>Feed a short(below 3 ms) high current pulse(figure a 400w/s photoflash
supply)
>the wavefront from the exploding wire will be in the supersonic region.
>this method may be used in lieu of explosives to achieve the effect of
>a high order detonation. gee wonder if the
>atf will forbid us capacitors and wires now :)

Wavefronts are a possibility. The disadvantage of any capacitor based
system is that capacitors discharge over time. If the system gets
disconnected from the power supply, before long the device has to be
activated or lose its effectiveness. "Use it or lose it".

This may not be ideal for the particular application.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi