Re: 2nd RFD: sci.chem.organic.synthesis moderated

Koen Van Aken ([email protected]) wrote in <[email protected]>:
*
* At the end of each article, a full name and e-mail address is
* mandatory. Listing of position and association is optional but
* strongly encouraged.

... snip ...

* CHARTER: sci.chem.organic.synthesis

* This proposal is pro moderation to filter out unwanted (see not
* permitted postings) and 'anonymous' (see signature policy) messages.
* Although there are some disadvantages associated with moderated
* groups - some people compare it with censorship and it slows down
* the discussion - , sci.* groups have been plagued before with off-
* topic discussions which eventually turned users away.

I fail to see any reason why you need to filter out "anonymous" email.
I think that restricting anonymous email goes a long way against ability
to discuss important issues in general. I find it overly restrictive and
unwarranted.

Your explanation as to why you find it necessary to exclude anonymous
postings from your particular newsgroup will be much appreciated.

igor