My Thread / Was--Re: Light Bulbs & newsgroups

Timothy C. May wrote:
> At 5:55 PM -0800 4/18/97, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> >Timothy C. May wrote:
> >> ....and at least 1 to say that you gave no credit for this. Did you write
> >> it yourself? If so, congratulations, as it was pretty good. If you did not,
> >> you left out any mention of the author, or at least where you found it.

> >it was not me. When i got it, it had no attribution on it also.

> Then it's best to say so. "Anonymous" or "No attribution" is preferable to
> simple forwarding.

  When the post arrives with three or four sets of '> >>' (<--whatever
the
fuck these things are called), then even those of us who lost the better
part of our brains in the Drug War are able to figure out that it is a
forwarded-forwarded-forwarded post.
  I think Tim is fighting old wars in his head. (Find your shoes, yet,
Tim?)

> --Tim May, who's had his own stuff forwarded without credit, and recalls
> when one of Perry Metzger's pieces arrived back on the list, sans credit.

  I can sympathize with Tim, here. People who plagarize the works of
others, or who steal credit for other's ideas, are the scum of the
earth.

Just say "No" to "Plagarists Inside"
We got no ethics, we're stealing sig lines, I know that that ain't
allowed.
Toto                        | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
[email protected]      | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms,
zero
W.A.S.T.E.: Your Mind       | knowledge, reputations, information
markets,
"Plagarists aren't even speed bumps on the disinformation superhighway."