Re: Short AP Rant [POLITICAL NOISE]

Bill Stewart wrote:
> It's funny how a modern liberal democracy like the US will
> go to war and kill 6000 people in Panama just because one of their
> ex-employees is embarassing them by not leaving the Presidency after
> his term is up ("We had to protect democracy"), but when a military
> junta takes over from a non-pro-CIA government, they support the military.

  Democracy is where 51% of the people can murder the other
49% of the people--legally.
  [fade to close-ups of people being dragged screaming to their death]
  [pan to politican]
  "I don't know where these people get off, complaining like that. They
had their chance at the polls.
  "Hey, it's not perfect, but it's the best system we've got."

  Of course, even in a democracy, 10% of the people can murder the
other 90% of the people, if there is some pressing need, such as
protecting them from drug dealers and pornographers.
  [fade to trains (running on time) with cattle-cars filled with people]
  [pan to Commander in Chief]
  "Look, the people spoke when they elected the people who put in
place the Secret Emergency Powers Act, and appointed the members of
the Double-Secret Regulatory Commission.
  "They can hardly complain about those they have given Executive
Powers exercising that power, now, can they? Especially when it is
in their own long-term interest?
  "Hey, it's not perfect, but it's the best system we've got."

  Myself, I'm partial to the Smith&Wesson 'Democracy' model, which
can be purchased as the 'AP Home Democracy Kit', complete with a
"One Bullet--One Vote" bumper-sticker.

  ----- Government Escrowed Key -----
  WeVegoTyoUrnAMEaNdweKNoWWheREyouLIveaNDyoURPHonE#AnD
  WHeReyOUvEbeeNANdthenaMEOFyOUrdoGAnDWhaTYoureaDAndwH
  aTYouwRIteandIFYOUFUCKWITHUSYOU'RETOASTanDMaYBeEVenI
  FyOUdON't
  ----- End of Rights & Freedoms -----

--
Toto