How to pick up email addresses from a feedback form??

Greetings guru's.

I have a technical question:

I am using a browser(Netscape 2.0.2 Win 3.1) to access a feedback form at
www.aaa.com.

I fill in my information and hit the submit button.

I see the message "connecting to xxx.bbb.com" flash up on the status line
before getting a 'done' message.

xxx.bbb.com is _not_ a web hosting service for www.aaa.com.  I do a 'whois'
on www.aaa.com and contact the tech admin who can duplicate this and is
very concerned that information from his forms may be routed to xxx.bbb.com.

My question is how this might happen?

>From my feeble understanding of such things, this would take modifications
to the feedback form (ie. www.aaa.com has been hacked), or packet sniffing
somewhere along the route from my browser machine to www.aaa.com.

Is there another way to do this?  Could a third-party spammer, for example,
capture email addresses posted to such a form?

Thanks,

Tom Porter
[email protected]