Re: Cato forum on liquor advertising and electronic media

Declan McCullagh wrote:

>The Center for Media Education is trying to accelerate this process. In a
>fearmongering report earlier this year, the group demanded that a slew of
>government agencies -- the FCC, FDA, FTC, CDC, NCI, and the WHO -- take
>"urgent agction" to "protect" America's children from tobacco and liquor
>advertising online.

I wish these people would go live in the U.S.S.R., or something.(*)

They are the ones who give the Censors of the World support for the idea
that it's okay to instigate restrictions against free expression, because
obviously the people want it - they're calling for it.   It doesn't matter
that it's not a Good Thing to limit expression; it's a matter of majority
interest.   I wish they would all go down to the sea together.   But I'm
being depressingly negative.  Anyway, who cares.  As long as there are
innovators creating high techology and useful software, one can always stay
steps ahead, right.

(*) yes, I know it doesn't exist anymore.  Too bad.  Some people belong in
a State like that.  Where they can live with each other and never grow up,
but only wither away from atrophy of the mind.

   ..
Blanc