Re: SAFE Bill / Fuck You (an inch at a time)

In <[email protected]>, on 05/01/97 at 10:30 PM,
   [email protected] (Huge Cajones Remailer) said:

>  We put up with crap from our government that we wouldn't accept from
>someone trying to sell us a mouthwash. The reason that we're not all
>drinking the "New Coke" is that D.C. has siphoned off all of the spin
>doctors/brainwashers from the corporate advertising industry.

Well there must be a few spin-doctors left as we are drinking "New Coke".
:)

The whole "New Coke/Orriginal Coke" was one of the best con jobs I have
ever seen. The Coca-Cola Company had a small problem, the cost of sugar.
It's compitition was using corn suryp as a sweetner in their products which
was much cheaper than the sugar Coca-Cola was using in theirs.

Now how were they going to switch from sugar to corn suryp in Coke without
lossing a portion of their customers because of the change in taste? NEW
COKE!!

Here is what they did:

Come out with NEW COKE which was a major formula change.
Drop OLD COKE at the same time.
Wait a few months while the natives are restless over the change. Bring
back "OLD COKE" due to customer demmand (making Coca-Cola Inc. the "good"
guys). Don't tell anyone that you have switched from sugar to corn suryp
(the sheep will never notice).

Vola!! Now Coca-Cola has dramatically increased their profits and won a
major PR campain (they care about their customers) sales are up costs are
down and the sheep are happy.

Now I have NEVER seen the neanderthals in DC ever pull off somthing this
good. :)

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger [email protected] for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: If Windows sucked it would be good for something.