Insults about C2Net

At 10:22 PM -0800 5/4/97, Alan Olsen wrote:

>I really knew what specific actions caused people to have such a NASTY
>opinion of C2net.  I have seen mistakes on their part, but nothing to warrent
>the kind and amount of venom I have seen from people.  Maybe I missed
>something somewhere...  (Or is this one of those "people who disagree with me
>are <fill in insult here>"?)

This is an easy one. The only continuing insults I see come from Vulis. No
further explanation is needed.

(One wonders why Vulis does not simply program one of his insultbots to
spew out a daily insult.)

I happen to believe C2Net overreacted to Vulis' slur about the quality of
Stronghold, and I strongly, strongly believe that Sandy S. should not have
censored the Vulis post while being an employee of C2Net (that is, he
should have done one or more of the following: let it pass the way so many
off the wall posts were passed, announce publically what he was doing at
the very least, recuse himself from the decision due to conflict of
interest, or, best of all, quit as censor).

But the C2Net flap is behind us. The continuing claims that it was C2Net
which instructed Gilmore to remove Vulis are incorrect--Gilmore actually
receives his instructions from the Elders of Zion, relayed through the San
Francisco representatives of the Bilderburgers.

As for stores asking for personal info, this is unsurprising. Fortunately,
one can always refuse to give it, or lie, or just shrug. No laws yet demand
this information be given (except for sales of guns and other such
almost-contraband). Stores seek information for marketing, for decisions on
placement of new stores (which is why zip codes are sometimes asked for),
etc.

"Identity is just another credential in a negotiation."

--Tim May