Re: Insults about Vulis

Tim May wrote:

> At 10:22 PM -0800 5/4/97, Alan Olsen wrote:
> >I really knew what specific actions caused people to have such a NASTY
> >opinion of C2net.
>
> This is an easy one. The only continuing insults I see come from Vulis. No
> further explanation is needed.
> (One wonders why Vulis does not simply program one of his insultbots to
> spew out a daily insult.)

  Tim should try to keep in mind that his vision is limited
due to his generous use of self-censorship. Were it not so,
then he might be aware of more than a few people who regard
StrangleHold's empire with suspicion.
  I suppose that Mr. May regards Tom Weinstein, of Nut$crape, as
just another Vulis tenacle. Or perhaps Mr. Weinstein is in Tim's
killfile.

  Of course, Tim lets us all know that once he has spoken from
upon high, that there is nothing more to be said in the matter.
  Perhaps Tim could ask Vulis, a programmer, to send him an
insultbot to compose his Vulissaults.
  Or perhaps he could take the time to scan all the list posts
and get a realistic view of list opinions and attitudes before
he speaks out.
  Or perhaps he could stop to think about how much criticism
of C2Nut's products is blunted by their censorship of other
lists and their gang of legal-eagle thugs.

  [Please note that "Blame it all on Vulis," a favorite cypherpunk
game, is not sold in stores.]

> But the C2Net flap is behind us. The continuing claims that it was C2Net
> which instructed Gilmore to remove Vulis are incorrect-

  Once again, Tim speaks of things of which he has, by his own
admission, little knowledge, since he claims to have only lightly
perused a precious few of the articles from this time period.
  Both John and Sandy stated that it was Sandy SameerFart who
approached John with the offer of moderation/censorship.
  Robert Hettinga belatedly proposed that it was he who
suggested the idea to Sandy (about the same time that Bob was
coming into some cash and reputation capital promoting C2Nut's
pet projects).

  While I anxiously await most of Mr. May's posts with eager
anticipation, I think it might be wise of him to consult the
archives regarding those things which transpired during his
absence from the list, before speaking out so strongly on
the issues involved (particularly if he is going to give the
impression that once he has spoken, there is nothing more
to be said).

FactMonger

--
Toto