Re: Controversial Commercial ISP for Remailer?

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Dave Hayes wrote:

> Igor Chudov writes:
> > I am interested in your view, Dave.
>
> There are only two reasons that I can see your interest serving.
> You either wish to support my views or oppose them. Neither case
> serves your potential enlightement, therefore I shall choose to
> not answer.

A very Zen answer (and quite a slippery one at that.) What if Igor was
simply curious as to your views?

If not what difference does it make whether he supports or opposes your view?
We are all free to our own opinions.  Why do you care whether or not a
person is enlightened by your response?  If you truly are following Zen, then
it is not for you to decide what will or won't enlighten others since
this would mean taking responsability for another person's karma.

IMHO, your response isn't one of potentially enlightening others, but rather
fear of sharing your opinion.  This is two fold.  If you fear he will oppose
it, you are seeking the approval of others. If you fear he will agree to it,
you fear that those who oppose his views will oppose yours.  You could take
the hidden third option and claim privacy, however it is too late to do so
since you have already shared some commentary - and thus this path is closed
to you.

Your responses so far were to the ethical and moral standards of spamming the
spammers.  I wasn't interested in such.  I am comfortable with my own morals
and take responsability for my actions.  However, the point of this paragraph
is that you have tried to share with us your morals, and thus thrust them
upon us, later, here, you say you lack the will to share your views with us,
and thus back out of passing judgement on our hypothetical actions.

And at this point I am no longer interested in your oppinion on this
matter for it is jaded by fear, so please, don't even bother to reply. :)

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "So make a move and plead the fifth,   |./|\.
..\|/..|[email protected]|  'cause you can't pleade the first!"   |/\|/\
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....