Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

Rick Osborne <[email protected]> writes:

> >First of all, Wallace is a great guy and anyone who interferes with his
> >freedom of speech is scum on par with C2Net.
>
> That's your opinion, and you certainly have a right to it.  I don't want to
> start the spam war all over again, suffice it to say that it's not an
> opinion I happen to agree with.

You expose your own hypocricy. Wallace is free to spam. I'm free to
ignore his spam, which I do.

> Like I said, it's more of a passive agressive thing.  If I were to come
> across a page that said "Click here to spam some spammers" and that's all I
> had to do, why wouldn't I take 2 seconds of my time to do it?  That's

Can you think of a way to have it originate at the browser's machine, not
your machine? Perhaps an activex program for w95 :-)

> certainly less time than it takes to go through the amount of spam in my
> mail each day.

I suggest you learn to filter your e-mail.

You could also try an html form whose actions send mailto:your@enemy

> Return-Path to <root@localhost>.  At that point, how can you prove that it
> was sent by your script or just by someone using your SMTPd?

He'll just filter out your site.  Wallace has some very smart
people working with him.

---