The Interlinked Cypherpunks Lists?

I've recently had some of my articles sent to "[email protected]"
bounce (more precisely: "<[email protected]>... Deferred:
Connection timed out with rigel.cyberpass.net. Warning: message still
undelivered after 4 hours").

And I've received no Cypherpunks list traffic more recently dated than
Saturday morning. (I'm subscribed to [email protected].)

I surmise that something is wrong. So I've subscribed to one of the
alternates, [email protected].

Some thoughts:

* Is it possible for the interlinked lists to send out announcements of
list problems to subscriber of all such lists? (Each list owner could do a
periodic "who cypherpunks" of the other lists, then use this list to send a
message if a problem comes up. More sophisticated cross-processing could
eliminate duplicates, etc.)

* Alternatively, if one of the sites goes down, such as
"[email protected]" seems to have done, could the other sites
automagically pick up the task of distributing articles until the site
comes back up?

* How feasible is it to have a single "virtual subscription address" which
gets traffic from one of the various list sites? (To avoid having to
subscribe to two or more lists and thus getting duplicates.)

I'll resubmit a few of my recent articles to [email protected].

--Tim May