Re: The Inducement of Rapid Oxidation of Certain Materials....

At 14:27 5/14/97 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
>On Wed, May 14, 1997 at 03:07:43PM -0400, Tom Allard wrote:

>> How pedantic.  Webster's New World Dictionary (also reputable, I might add),
>> has THIS to say about "Anarchy":
>>
>>   anarchy n. [Gr. an- without + archos, leader] 1. the absence of government
>>   2. political disorder and violence 3. disorder; confusion
>>
>> Note the etymology.  Taken to its roots, the word simply means "no leader".
>
>Note the second definition.

A definition which it included because of years of misuse.  It is said that
language is a living thing, which it is, which means that if an error is
made frequently enough it becomes the truth.

Most of us understand this concept.

Jim Bell
[email protected]