Re: Dan White & Feinstein

On Fri, May 16, 1997 at 11:07:32AM -0400, Duncan Frissell wrote:
>Feinstein had been a friend of his when he was on the Board of
>Supes and it is possible that one of the reasons he lost it during the crisis
>over his resignation and attempt to get back on the Board was because
>Feinstein was in Nepal on her honeymoon (millionaire second husband) and
>wasn't there to support him.

BTW, do you remember what happened to her first husband?

[...]

>Feinstein want to grab your guns because she is an authoritarian.  Not
>because of any particular experiences she's had with guns.

You are in denial.  Her firsthand experience with gun violence has
clearly been a serious formative factor in her values and opinions.
However, I agree that she has authoritarian tendencies.  Furthermore,
she is, in my opinion, pretty lightweight intellectually -- not quite to
the Reagan level, perhaps, but (as Reagan demonstrated) one doesn't
need intelligence to succeed in politics.

>  She has shown
>equal contempt for the First Amendment and the Second.  She's ma woman and a
                                                               ^^^^^^^^
Please translate?
>commie liberal.  What can one expect.

>While mayor of San Francisco, she indulged in a number of famous suppressions
>of free speech:
>
>1)  She cancelled the appearance of the Turkish Folklorico Ballet because of
>demonstration threats from the (no longer starving) Armenians.
>
>2)  She tried to ban the showing of whatever that dumb New York gang movie
>was after a stabbing at one of the theaters showing it.
>
>3)  She pressured a clothing store to pull its billboard ad campaign
>"Feinstyle" which featured a (fully clothed) reclining, look-alike model
>wearing her sort of scarf and business attire.

Oh, give me a break, Duncan.  These are absolutely pathetic
examples.  Much more indicative of her "caliber", I think, was her
mind-numbing efforts to get a new stadium built.

Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
[email protected]			the thief he kindly spoke...
http://songbird.com/kent/pgp_key.html