Re: Jim Bell goes to Jail!

At 10:28 PM 5/18/97 -0700, Alan Olsen wrote:
>(There are also a number
>of
>psychological studies that show that people will do all sorts of horrific
>things to their fellow man when someone in authority tells them to.  If they
>are led to believe that they are "bad" in some way, many will enjoy it.)

Right. I read a book on that. I think it was called "The Millgram
Experiment". Normal people would administer (fake, but they didn't know it)
electroshocks to a subject even after the subject had stopped moving and
could have been assumed to be unconscious or even dead. An excellent
demonstration of the power of authority. And the gullibility of the average
person.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi