Re: More stories from the Bell jar...

At 11:44 PM -0700 5/22/97, Tom Weinstein wrote:
>Alan Olsen wrote:
>>
>> In late April 1984, someone broke into law offices at 1123 S. W.
>> Yamhill St. and poured a liquid on a hallway run that was so
>> odorous it made at least one of the lawyers who smelled it vomit
>> twice.
>
>What's the statute of limitations on stink bombs?  Surely, it's too
>late to prosecute him for this?

Good point! This didn't even occur to me (nor apparently to the writer of
the article, nor maybe even to the cops).

It sure looks like they're trying to throw a bunch of charges against the
wall and hope that some of them stick...or scare Bell into pleading to a
lesser charge, etc.

Seems to me a good attorney could carefully dissect the "innuendo charges"
(e.g., undermining the government, stink bombs long in the past, manifestos
calling for AP, etc.) and separate them from each other, leaving very
little of substance to get a conviction on.

--Tim May