Re: May's Banal Rant

One other point about EPIC's role in the crypto debates -
we've done very little in the legislative realm other
than to argue for relaxation of crypto controls,
oppose DT, DT funding, and criminalization of crypto.
You want to find the folks cutting the deals, look
elsewhere.

Most of our work has been Freedom of Information Act
litigation, political organizing, and public education.
Among other things, we were the folks who got out most
of the documents about Clipper, DT, and even the DSS.

We've also organized political campaigns in the US
against Clipper, in Paris against TTP, and two
weeks ago in London against the DTI proposal.

See, another problem with the Libertarian view of the world is
you can't accept the idea that an organization in Washington,
DC does real government oversight or political advovacy. It
doesn't fit with your notecard-sized description of the world.

Free speech is wasted on closed minds.

Marc.