Re: IRS Hit

At 6:49 AM -0700 6/5/97, John Young wrote:
>5 June 1997, NYP:
>
>A federal judge in Denver has awarded $250,000 in punitive
>damages to a woman whose family business was raided by armed
>Internal Revenue Service agents four weeks after the woman
>insulted an IRS agent.

>Full story at:
>
>   http://jya.com/irshit.htm

A drop in the bucket for the IRS.  Now if the agent personally had to pay,
there might be some deterent value.  (I note that a 1983 case still has not
been payed.)

Bill Frantz       | The Internet was designed  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | to protect the free world  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | from hostile governments.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA