Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> Rant: I think Joseph Stalin was a cool guy, even though he had my great-grandpa
> shot (who was btw a U.S. citizen).
>
> One of the many interesting contributions Joe Stalin made to the Marxist
> theory was the observation that the class struggle intensifies as the
> old mode of production becomes obsolete; and that there's really no difference
> between "terrorist acts" and government-sponsored violence and economic
> deprivation.  You might view the second statement as the generalization of
> Klauzewitz's (or Bismarck's?) maxim that war is the continuation of foreign
> policy by other means.

Well couldn't class struggle simply mean the difference between wielding
large quantities of power and not.  If thats the case then Stalin was
the ultimate hypocrite when his wonderful revolution attained of
temporary system of government.  That system of government was unstable
in that in failed to allow people to provide for their own and each
other's welfare through free market activity.

As resistance to centralized modes of production increased (especially
with the farmers), the central government systematically starved 20
million people to death.

Reminds me a lot of Orwell's "Animal Farm".

Though I do agree in principle with the idea that corruption runs rampant
at the end of a megapolitical era (for more or less the same reasons),
Stalin was not the first to have this idea.   For a run-down on this
concept check out the much-maligned "Sovereign Individual".

> Consider, for example, a Black child in the United States who dies of
> a trivial curable disease because of the lack of health care. Consider
> the child's parents who labor "off the books" in menial jobs, who are
> deprived by the state from the ability to marry, to work "on the books",
> to hold a bank account, et al. Is being deprived from the results of one's
> labor that different from being sold at an auctioned and whipped in
> a public ceremony to terrify other (wage) slaves?

No.  I agree with you here.  I think the difference is in the resolve
of the individuals under this kind of pressure.

> Joe Stalin himself took part in several spectacular terrorist acts in
> his youth, which resulted in deaths of dozens of "innocent bystanders".

make that millions

> Prepare for crypto to be criminalzed.

definitely.  but under what system of law?  for all practical purposes the
constitution is null and void.  the people that run this country do so
under the guise of constitutionalism, but its all a grand facade.  the
whole idea of the current government is a type of consensual reality.
(literally so, perhaps?)  When enough people agree that the version of
reality no longer serves them, they will agree that it doesn't exist.

This, of course, assumes they have the power to alter it.

> Prepare for the former cpunks who
> "sold out" (C2Net and the like) to support criminalization of crypto use
> within the U.S. in exchange for a possible relexation of export rules.

I'm not sure I understand why you assert that C2Net "sold out".  I was
probably out of town at the time this discussion went down.

Jim Burnes