Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

High Paul,

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Paul Bradley wrote:

> How long have you been on this list? Clearly not long enough.

I've not been long enough on this list for what ? Don't know about you,
but imvho violence is not a right solution. I will never be long enough on
this list to change my mind on that.

> Tims post made a good point, people soon forget the causes of conflict
> and only see the effects, today, hardly anyone in the UK sees the IRA as
> an organisation devoted to liberating NI, merely a bunch of thugs. Of
> course they have brought this on themselves by indiscriminately blowing
> things up. Talking of which the Queen is visiting Hastings (a town about

I must admit that it has helped quite a lot, those bombs. Expecially for
the building sector.

> 5 miles from me) today, I hope the IRA blow her up...

How much must you hate someone to wish him/her dead ? Have you ever been
'contronted' with dead, Paul ? Someone of your friends, relatives, ... who
died, perhaps ? How can you wish some other human being the same ?
What if the IRA would blow up the queen ? I guess Charles is the next to
step on then ? What a progress !!

Havalook at Kongo: Mobutu has gone. Much better now ! After several
thousands were killed, the new president gives his first orders: "women
should not wear tight shirts anymore (I thought they were supposed to take
them off, but...) nor should they act in a sensual way.

Right, violence is at least A solution. But for what ?
BTW, I'd be very interested if you would care telling something more about
Northern Ireland. That's where you live I guess ? Are you "Catholic" or
"Protestant" ?

kr=

                   \\\___///
                  \\  - -  //
                   (  @ @  )
 |     kris carlier - [email protected]    |
 | Hiroshima 45, Tsjernobyl 86, Windows 95 |
 | Linux, the choice of a GNU gener8ion    |
 |            SMS: +32-75-61.43.05         |
                  oooO   (   )
                   \_)