Re: Steak Knife Decryption

>   Also, if the card was one of the Visa Debit cards (or even a real
> visa card
> for that matter) there are tons of places that it can be used without
> entering
> a PIN number or submitting to an ID check. Grocery stores and gas
> stations are
> two examples, although you cannot get cash from anywhere without using
> the PIN
> number (that I know of).

I don`t know about the USA but in the UK many large stores now have a
system where when you make a transaction for shopping, you can ask for
"cashback", so all you need is a signature to get cash from the card,
however, I think the maximum amount per transaction is fairly low
(something like $150) but there is nothing to stop someone going to a lot
of different stores and repeating the process.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/