Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

> > Well I can only see this as a good thing. :)
> >
> > It is the people of England that support that illegal occupation of Irish
> > soil by Brittish troops. It is only right that they should have to suffer
> > the consequences.
>
> Paul,
>
> The reason why the IRA bombs (or threatens to bomb) targets all over the UK
> is that they want to make the voting public so sick and tired of the status
> quo in NI that they'll demand a pull-out, which is just what the IRA wants.

Yes, I think you will also find that most people in mainland England
don`t really have an opinion one way or the other, they vaguely feel that
the British should pull out of NI because they want to stop the bombings,
they also vaguely feel that would be giving in to "terrorists".

> The UK is a democracy - supposedly it's up to the voters to decide if they
> want the UK to stay in NI, so the voters are being "persuaded".
>
> The PLO used a similar successful strategy to convince Israeli voters to
> agree to peace talks.

One of the reasons I don`t really have a strong opinion one way or the
other about the NI question is because I believe a British withdrawal
would simply result in the replacement of one set of corrupt political
rulers with another. The Irish parliament is no better than any other
government, no suprise there.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]