Re: Question about anonymizing proxies

At 10:58 AM 6/9/97 -0700, Huge Cajones Remailer forwarded:
>Sorry if this has been beaten to death before (if it has, a pointer to
>where it is in the archives would be appreciated), but is it possible to
>chain anonymizing proxy servers in a way similar to remailers?

Depends on the user interfaces of the anonymizing proxies -
a system that lets you request what you want in the URL
may let you do more than a system that insists you type stuff in blanks,
but on the other hand,
http://anon.foo.com/proxy/anon.bar.com/proxy/anon.zork.com/proxy/thoughtcrim
e.com/
lets the everything in the chain see that you're really trying to reach
thoughtcrime.com, while a succession of SSL-encrypted forms popping up that
you fill in the blanks on may be harder to automate, but more secure.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)