Re: [Noise, California only] Good deal on ISDN access

At 05:55 AM 6/11/97 +0200, Anonymous wrote:
>Lucky Green sez:
[about ISDN]
>But don't they still charge you a penny a minute?

Not in the evening/night, which is when I tend to use my box at home.

>When for $150 you can get a brand spanking new 56K modem, and pay $20-30 a
>month.  Not as fast, but a much better price/performance ratio.

Assuming you can get 56k over your POTS line. Less than 20% of US
households can even link up at 28.8k. ISDN is a clean solution that will
work over just about any old wire. And now it has become rather
inexpensive. I see little reason to stick with analog. YMMV.

--Lucky Green <[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred.

  Put a stake through the heart of DES! Join the quest at
  http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm