Re: Netscape Bug :)))

>William H. Geiger III wrote:
>> Seems that there is a bug in Netscape including the new Communicator that
>> will allow a web site to read *ANY* file on your computer. I repeate
>> *ANY*, yes Virginia, *ANY* file on your computer.
>
>And what is the exploit?

According to an uninformitive, but extensive, report on CNN, the firm
is being very closed-mouth about the bug, and expects to be richly
rewarded "The $1000 bug reward was an insult." They will, however,
*give* the information to Netscape if they appear in person at the
company offices in Aarhus.

You might want to look at PC Lab's web site (or PC Magazine, I don't
remember which). All of the examples appeared to use Windows, and
the words "Active X" and "Java" were not used.

Martin Minow