Re: [CNN] Stolen Laptops and lame 'solution'

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:57:57 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>(And yes I have that same sentiment about the LoJack car transponder, and
>the EZ-Pass toll paying system, and cell phones.  Each of these
>technologies can report on your whereabouts and thus pinpoint your
>location at any given time.  They're all invasion of privacy things that

  I agree. That's why I like my solution to finding my stolen car
better. A cellphone, GPS, and a little bit of glue electronics. If my
car is stolen, I call the cellphonein the trunk (or inside body panel,
etc.) enter my secret code and it reads out the current locaiton from
the GPS until I hang up on it.

  Brian

Brian C. Lane             http://www.eskimo.com/~nexus                      KC7TYU
------------------  96B9 C123 5C90 BECC  6A1F 7DC6 4F2B A26E  --------------------