Re: There's no general right to privacy -- get over it, from Netly

Ray appears unwilling or unable to read what I write, so I may be leaving
this thread unless it becomes more interesting and less repetitive,
quickly.

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> > Free speech is a right that strictly limits the government's ability to
> > control what you say. We should have a similar right of privacy from the
> > government.
>
> That would be nice.  You should have put that in your article.

Get a clue. I did:

        Of course there's an essential right to privacy from the
   government. (Beware government databases: Nazis used census data in
   Germany and Holland to track down and eliminate undesirables.)

> It's still early in the morning.  I'm sure the thread will explode pretty
> soon. Yes, but what about the information that others can get to on your
> ISP?  Do you control that info?  We've always advocated protecting our own

Yes. You can control it. Try learning how to "chmod 700 ~". If you don't
do it, don't whine about violations of your "privacy rights."

-Declan