Re: Declan as a Budding Washington Insider

At 10:10 AM 6/16/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>I wish Declan well, really. But his frequent name-dropping about soirees
>he's been invited to, bigwigs he's had power lunches with...well, I think
>the evolution has been set in motion.

Foo ...  On a list with several millionares, people who make the
New York Times Magazine cover, people who get in the Times for
successfully suing the NSA, college students who get covered on
National Public Radio, people who were in Wired before it was c001,
people who drop in on Esther in New York because they'll be too
busy to see her at Hackers', people who were Xanadudes or SGML hackers
decades before the Web caught on, people who were on the Well
before that Grateful Dead lyricist got there, various wizards of
speed and time, folks who have Japanese tv crews show up for their parties
and already know Tim Leary when he drops... by, I'd say we have enough
people who are or know Silicon Valley insiders to really complain much
when people from the Other Coast talk about who _they_ had lunch with :-)

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)