Re: Where to get your RC5 crackers

At 7:15 PM -0700 6/19/97, Lucky Green wrote:
>It seems that the RC5 cracking effort had no idea about the loads their web
>server would be subjected to once thousands of DES crackers moved over to
>cracking RC5. Their NT based webserver (bad idea...) collapsed. While it
>recovers, you can still get the client software from
>ftp://ftp.distributed.net/rc5/

Reminds me of a certain Frenchman and some trees he wanted planted....

The paraphrased version would go as follows:

Someone: "Hey, I plan to get the RC5 crack software installed and running
on my machine tomorrow."

Other: "You do know, don't you, that even several thousand machines will
take several weeks, maybe months, don't you?"

Someone: "In that case, I'll get started tonight."

--Tim May