Re: New Laws in Oregon - "Land of the Legal betatest"

Ryan Anderson <[email protected]> writes:

> On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:

>> Please elaborate, as I can't see _any_ problem with eliminating 90% of
>> the sitting legislature.

> You've completely missed my point.  This would be an on-going problem.
> Congress can only function with some idea of compromise in it.

Then Congress should be eliminated.  There is no excuse for the CDA
rider and my (now ex-)representative who voted for that bill was
voted into office on a campaign of ending politics-as-usual sorts of
things like that.

Bah!  Good riddance to bad rubbish to the whole lot of them.  Tim May
is right.  I don't wish compromise, I only wish to be left alone.  Why
is that so hard for people in Washington DC to understand?

Right now I have two senators: Dianne "No problem giving government
contract money illegally to my husband" Swinestein and Barbara "No
money in my checking account? I guess I'll just have to write another
one" Boxer and congressional representative Walter "I cannot think of
any government program which should be eliminated" Capps.

The American government is broken.