Re: spam on this list

> I still am concerned about kids being subject to material that is
> inappropriate for their age group (what ever that may be).  So how do I
> insure that my son/daugher does not get their hands on _THIS_ material?

Supervision, plain and simple. However, if you honestly believe your
children are going to be harmed in some lasting way by any images they
might find there is clearly something wrong with the way you have brought
them up, you will find most kids are uninterested by porn images anyway,
violence is a different matter but if kids are brought up properly they
would understand the difference between speech and act, and have respect
for others and understanding of non-violence, there is no way to explain
to congress-critters the difference between speech and act, it is above them.

> - control the material.  Make it like liquor, guns, booze.  Oops.. for some
> reason this is a violation of the 1st amendment to!  Ok, my mistake, its my
> problem.  That's easy, no Internet access.  Now my kid is at a
> disadvantage!  I keep loosing here.  I don't like the way this is beginning
> to feel!!

1. Liquor: Kids should be taught to drink responsibly from an early age,
then when they are old enough to legally drink they will not just go out
and drink themselves to death.

2. Guns: Again, I think kids should be taught to shoot safely and
responsibly, just as I was when I was a kid. Sure, you don`t want your
child carrying a gun around unsupervised at too young an age, but how many
11yr olds do you know that have the money to go buy a .38???

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/