Re: The Grand Compromise is Coming

At 11:23 PM -0700 6/24/97, Tom Weinstein wrote:
>Tim May wrote:
>>
>> I've heard more of my friends saying that Congress just ought to be
>> blown up than I ever would have imagined a few years ago.
>
>This is what I've heard referred to as the "_Debt of Honor_ scenario",
>referring to the Clancy book of that name.  In it, an airliner was
>crashed into a joint session of congress.

I dubbed it the "Sato Solution." (As I recall...it's been a while since I
read it...I think Sato was the pilot of the 747. If not this name,
something similar.)

The destruction of the entire Congress, plus a thousand other despots and
sycophants, was inspiring. No doubt the bleeding hearts would moan about
the severed limbs of innocent children and all that. One wonders where they
were when 300,000 civilians were incincerated in Dresden.

Ironic that Tom Clancy is not treated as a "terrorist" for his scenarios.
He supports the mil-ind complex, so he must not be a terrorist. (The same
logic that had George Bush decrying violence and lack of family values in
the film industry...with Arnold Schwarzenegger on the platform with him.)

We need to get beyond the sentimentality of concentrating on the
"innocents" and instead coldly analyze what needs to be done, and then do
it.

--Tim May