Re: One Ryder Truck--One Vote

In <[email protected]>, on 06/25/97
   at 06:51 PM, Bill Stewart <[email protected]> said:

>At 05:53 AM 6/25/97 -0700, Nobody wrote:
>>  Voting is the new Catch-22/Damned if you do, damned if you don't,
>>etc, etc. It's time for a new non-candidate that is a cross between
>>Pat Paulsen ("If elected, I will not serve.") and Abby Hoffmean
>>("Steal This Book.").
>>  My inclination is for a candidate named "Fuck You!", but I'm sure
>>someone else can come up with a more creative candidate.

>Wavy Gravy has occasionally run a "Nobody For President" campaign. "Who'd
>be the best President?"		"Nobody!"
>"Who's going to balance the budget?"	"Nobody!"
>"Who's going to fix the schools?"		"Nobody!"
>"Who can you trust with the Bomb?"		"Nobody!"
>"Which candidate cares about the poor?"	"Nobody!"

>A few years back, the Libertarian Party was trying to get
>on the ballot in Washington State by running a governor campaign. They
>didn't make it, because they lost the protest votes to a candidate who
>changed his name to "Absolutely Nobody".
>Absolutely Nobody got about 7% of the vote.

>(The unfortunate followup story later ran in the SF Chron
>under the title "Absolutely Nobody died today"; he was in
>politics because he was an AIDS activist, and had the disease.)

>During the '92 elections, I was considering getting
>Frank Zappa on the ballot in New Jersey.  He'd already dropped out of the
>race due to his cancer, but it only takes 1000 signatures there, which
>would have been an afternoon's work at Rutgers.
>He's dead now, but he probably would enjoy running anyway :-)

Is there anything against putting a deadman on the ballot?

Seems like the ultimate protest elect a deadman!

What the hell they can vote in Chicago why shouldn't they have
representation. :)

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html