Re: CIA's Manual on Assassination Politics

At 11:02 AM -0700 6/28/97, Lucky Green wrote:

>In Europe, shit has long hit the fan. The member of the German parliament
>under indictment for linking to the Radikal webpage is now also being
>prosecuted for making the charges against her public. Seems it is illegal
>in Germany to publicize any federal charges filed against you. The Geheime
>[Secret, ed.] Staats Polizei roams the German streets again. Truly scary
>stuff. And, yes, it can happen here.
>
>[The defendant has a facsimile of the official court document on her
>webpage. Guess that's going to be another count].

"But if it saves the life of just one child!!!"

We are trading away our liberty for bullshit assurances of safety,
security, and protection from the Big Bad Wolf. (*)

The Founders had it right when they talked about those trading freedom for
security and safety deserving neither.

--Tim May

(* And of course the restrictions on publications of various items are
really designed to protect Those in Power; thus has it always been, thus
shall it always be.)