Re: forged cancels (Re: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free

On or About  7 Aug 97 at 0:18, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <[email protected]>
> writes:
>
> > > Once the offending articles are part of the spool on toher site,
> > > it's pointless for me to issue cancels.
> >
> > Not even to free up diskspace?
>
> Correct.

For no reason whatsoever should you cancel a message you did not send
yourself.

See:

http://www.npr.org/plweb-cgi/fastweb?getdoc+npr+npr+12142+2+wAAA+spam

NPR's Jim Zarroli reports that UUNet, the Internet service provider
whose billboards were blocked, condemned the action and called the
incidents "digital terrorism"

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: (408) 259-2795