Re: Toilet plungers and sodomy: Why we should trust police blindly

Ray Arachelian <[email protected]> writes:
> This is really Guiliani's fault for hiring so many damn cops.  NYC now has
> so many cops that if you walk down the street in most neighborhoods for
> more than 5 minutes you'll see at least one cop car.  In their rush to
> hire cops, they also hired scum as cops.  Who knows how many such
> incidents go unreported or are covered up. :(  Damned police state if I
> ever saw one.
>
> As for stopping crime, they ain't doing shit.  They're picking on small
> things like parking tix and such, but as for going after mobsters and drug
> dealers, the piggies are snarfing donuts.  All I've ever see them do is
> ticket cars and tow them away.

Can you blame them?  They have a quote for writing parking tickets and will
get in trouble for not writing enough; while they don't have a quota e.g. for
writing tickets to the folks who run red lights, and can get shot at if they
try to.

As for the regrettable incident with the plunger: while it sounds bad out of
context, it can be viewed as just desserts for the indignities the while people
in New York City have undergone under the Dinkins administration.  If the
alleged victim (who already gave 3 highly contradictory stories of the events)
thinks that this city is so racist, why didn't he stay in his native Haiti?

---