Re: Export rules

At 05:35 AM 8/14/97 +0000, Vipul Ved Prakash wrote:
>> Already been done.  RSA in 4 lines of Perl, etc...  Heck there was even a
>> site out that that cut a UUENCODED copy of PGP into many bits and asked
>
>Is RSA in 3 lines of PERL an ITAR violation? Its more like "meta" code for bc
>todo RSA. adam?

Well, Raph Levien applied for an export permit for the RSA-in-4-lines-of-PERL
shirt several years ago, and the export thugs stalled on it and never
responded positively or negatively, in spite of their publicly stated
policies that they "will" respond in some small number of days.

Since then, they've changed the laws, and the PERL RSA has gotten shorter...

Of course, it's not a violation for Adam - he's not an American :-)

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)